Are you an English speaking resident of Guadalajara? A visitor? A potential resident? A Spanish speaker who wants to learn conversational English? If so, the American Society of Jalisco (AMSOC) is a great resource for services, socializing and information in the Guadalajara metropolitan area!
We have been in Guadalajara since 1945 and AMSOC membership consists of retirees, working professionals, students, and others. Our members hail from the U.S., Canada, England, Mexico, The Netherlands, Yugoslavia and Peru. With our membership this varied, we can provide you with information, services, and contacts that will improve your Guadalajara experience as a visitor or resident. If you are considering living here, we can help make the transition easier.
We Are Volunteers!
Social and other events held by The American Society are largely hosted by member volunteers. Drop by and talk with us and you will find that no matter what talent or skill you possess, it will be valuable!
Programs & Services
AMSOC facilities are available to anyone for classes or programs of interest to members. A small donation from fees charged is payable to AMSOC.
- Weekly Luncheon – Every Thursday, a healthy and delicious lunch prepared here in our kitchen.
- Free Library – with over 4,000 English-language books and DVD movies!
- Book Club – Generally every third Thursday of the month followed by an after lunch movie based on the book. Also a Spanish Book Club. Click here for the 2018 English Book Club selections.
- Important Information – on how to find qualified medical and dental services and how to Sign up for national health insurance [IMSS].
- Advice – on doing your own immigration papers, or referral to a competent adviser.
- Meditation Class at 10:15 AM on Thursdays
|Services for Everyone:
|| Services for Members: